Good Games

For individuals, clans, groups, communities or organizations to contact or stay in touch with Tiger Platoon

Moderators: [TP]Kerkhoff, [TP]Nørgaard, Public Moderators

Peacock

Good Games

Postby Peacock » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 am

Really good games tonight, hopefully some new recruits. Massive win on Muttrah. thanks to us for taking the initiative and breaking a stalemate and a absolute massive win for me as the SL on Fallujah west as I got my First Cache as a SL. Fingers crossed some Aspirants apply to join the 'MIGHTY' TP, as we did put it out there to some publics who showed an interest in playing as a clan and definitely as a squad, People to notice are Flippyfish and a guy another guy I cant quite remember the name of (if someone who was on tonight could comment the name of him, I think it was shakal). I Will be posting recent activities,pictures and games where we have played as a clan or as just random match reports (as I have more time) so people can read and enjoy and also have a read about and MAYBE think about more attendance to the clan about random game nights. If there is any Screenshots and random Malarky that people would like to send to me from/for match or game reports that could be sent to me at steven.peacock@ymailcom, these would be greatly appreciated. So if there is a place where you guys would prefer me to post "Match/Night reports" it would be greatly appreciated, I will be posting screenshots; of people who joined, funny things that everyone would enjoy and of many other things.Thanks to everyone who joined tonight! Shame the server crashed! If there is a person up the chain of command that wants/needs to speak to me about this I will be available on Skype, Just email me ( steven.peacock@ymail.com ) and we can have a chat.

Ps; If there is a possibility of a clan night or random night forum thingy, that would be greatfully appreciated so I can post all the info on there as I am planning for the next year to join all gatherings and some randon nights to play as I have moved into my new house!

Much love TP, Peacock
Carpe Diem

[TP]Boersma
Private
Private

Re: Good Games

Postby [TP]Boersma » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm

I always like reading the reports. The unfolding story of an epic round is great to read, and the enthousiasm rubs off on others that weren't there. It's also great for the ones that took part, slightly nodding and thinking 'yep,that was awesome'.

Apart from a motivating/entertaining 'piece', it can also be a valuable lesson.

If, aside from a round being good/bad, you can still be aware or critical about what really happened, that would be really usefull.

For example... It seems like we are playing with more public players again in the squads we form.
What are the problems you run into when you lead a squad with a few unknowns?
Everybody can name some, and people handle these situations differently.
But, in a specific round like Fallujah, what problems came up, and how did you tackle them? What where the factors that made it worse/easier? (like: opposition was bad, so impact of noob-player was not huge / we had 6 TP in squad that where also coaching the noob-player / non TP players where really good but we lost due to other factors).

And ofcourse, rounds don't tend to be great by accident. We all remember the awesome rounds, or bits of it. But what was it that made it good? Impressive individual skills? Comms with another good inf squad? Commander actively giving intel? Excellent APC support? Having the squad being so dominant that they win regardless of the opposition?

What about having one round per week, with the SL of that round writing the AAR?

P.S. this is not post hijack, just throwing some more wood on the fire
Those who think they know something still have a lot to learn.

Smoorenburg

Postby Smoorenburg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Me jelly, i remember when i used to have time..

Feel free to post here, we can drag treads when we want to (canteen should be fine)
// [TP]Smoorenburg

Nothing is more powerful than a child's wish, except for the Apache helicopter.

Peacock

Postby Peacock » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks for the reply lads. I wouldn't see it as a post hijack Boersma, Nice to see a long reply.

I'l be on tonight for the gathering to start my Game Reports but may be late as I have a job on at the moment.

See you guys tonight hopefully.
Carpe Diem

Uyanık

Postby Uyanık » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Great game that was Peacock. Muttrah was a beautiful game and I really really enjoyed that Fallujah though I sucked at Dovre I know. You were a great SL. You didn't gave disturbingly restrictive orders which was good. Commanding a squad is one thing telling them what to do every single moment is another. For me the best thing you do, you didn't RUSH we WALKED. That was a decisive factor. The game mechanics does not encourage running and gunning like COD or other generic shooters. Stamina system directly affect the accuracy of your weapon. Walking allowed us to move as a squad and we didn't too far spread out. This preserved the unit cohesion. Also I have been playing this game for seven or so months you were the first SL I've ever seen that returned to the main base for regrouping and rearming. You keep the group together and take advantage of our optics and range superiority.

I'm really looking forward to play with you again friend.
So, Stark how are you doing today? - Dreydel

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Peacock

Postby Peacock » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks a bunch Flippy.
Hopefully your application will go through successfully, although I understand you have been given access and permission to our Ventrilo server, hopefully to see you on there at some point.
Nice to see you enjoyed playing with us.
Carpe Diem

[TP]Behr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby [TP]Behr » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

I must comment as the squadleader on muttrah that each and every individual on that battle made our squad break the stalemate, great positioning and comms not to mention the teamwork between unkowns (publics). :)

I personally feel publics are a fine addition to our squads since they offer new input and skill, look at that schakal guy who i, at first, invited to the squad only cause he had a HAT kit. Turned out he'd kill a few APC's for us and a cobra or 2..
Not to mention we might find nice additions to [TP] like peacock or flippy.

At some point in that round I had comms up with 4 different infantry squads(32 troops), that what you guys in the squad couldn't hear.
And it is these moments in PR that make it worthwhile to lead a group of 8 men into the battle, do the job and succeed at it aswell with full backup of the entire team.
I'd love to have the same people in my squad again.

And i personally feel that both of you, Flippy and Peacock, will become a good addition to tiger platoon when/if you make it. ;) You showed great initiative and input aswell as executing the tasks exactly as needed to get to the objective and fight from there, well done.

Same goes for our [TP] Members, what was needed you executed perfectly while still pushing on the west trough the hills and courtyards, makeing covered sectors payed off with kills. enjoyed that round a lot and any feedback is welcome.

Ps. the other unkown was Schakal (German)

Right click, Press open on new page to view fully.

Return to “Public Relations”